Director of Care Management
Direct Line: 330-364-0819
In-House Extension: 2819
The Care Management Department is responsible for:
- Management of appropriate patient care
- Ensuring appropriate use of patient care services
- Discharge planning
- Working with insurance companies to ensure payment of the hospital stay for the patient and hospital
- Act as resource for utilization concerns such as observation status and Two Midnight Rule
The Department is comprised of:
- Care Coordinators - nurses who are assigned to each nursing unit and responsible for assisting patients on that unit with discharge needs and appropriate utilization of services.
- Utilization Nurse - works in conjunction with the Care Coordinators as a liaison between insurance companies and the hospital. Act as resource for utilization concerns such as observation status, appropriate referring hospital, covered services.
Physician Required Care Management Education
With regulations often changing, it is important that you are kept up to date.
View the lastest requirements now