Office: 330-343-3311 ext. 2464
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The primary mission of the Educational Services Department is to promote quality customer service hospital-wide by providing educational programs and services that assist our internal customers in acquiring, maintaining, and improving competence in the delivery of health care to those we serve. This is accomplished through three identified processes: Orientation, In-service & Remediation, and Continuing Education.
- The goal of the Orientation Program is to ensure that all new employees, volunteers, students, and contract staff are integrated into the operations, policies, procedures and practices of Union Hospital.
- The goal of In-service/Remediation Program is to ensure that staff maintain and increase competency in their respective positions following completion of their orientation and throughout their employment at the hospital as needs are identified.
- The goal of the Continuing Education Program is to enhance the competency, career growth, and development of staff to meet and exceed the expectations required in their job assignment.
Some other services provided include:
- In-patient/Out-patient Diabetic Education
- Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support and PALS Courses
- EKG Monitor Course
- Hazmat Awareness and Operations Training
- Preceptor Program
- Neonatal Resuscitation